Herron’s Biggest Night
Look/See on May 2 will be extra-special this year
Look/See, Herron School of Art and Design’s year-end celebration, will be extra-special this year. Considered the biggest night of the academic year, Look/See recognizes the achievements of Herron’s students. It’s a party for all with many elements, designed for students, friends and family, faculty, staff and guests.
For the public, it will be the first opportunity to tour the newly expanded Eskenazi Fine Arts Center at 1410 Indiana Avenue. A ribbon cutting at 6:30 p.m. will recognize the extraordinary generosity of Sidney and Lois Eskenazi, and others, whose philanthropic support made the $3.2 million expansion of Herron’s sculpture and ceramics facility a reality.
The 2013 M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition will be in galleries at both Herron’s buildings to showcase pinnacle works by the following master’s degree candidates:
- Charles Stephen Ellis - Furniture Design
- Nathan Myles Tommer - Furniture Design
- Michael Hoefle - Photography and Intermedia
- Brittany Marie Ferguson - Printmaking
- Dominic Senibaldi - Printmaking
- Stephanie Barlow - Sculpture
- Matthew Boeing - Sculpture
- Susana Cortez - Sculpture
- Allison Schultz - Visual Communication Design
- Ashley Davis - Visual Communication Design
- Cara Miller - Visual Communication Design
- Nancy Vellinga Patron - Visual Communication Design
- Jinny Lee Perofsky - Visual Communication Design
- Emily A. Stump - Visual Communication Design
- Xu Lin (Jo Lam) - Visual Communication Design
The Annual Honors and Awards Ceremony for undergraduate students and their families kicks off the celebration at 4:00 p.m. at the IUPUI Campus Center (420 University Boulevard). All are welcome.
What, When and Where:
Thursday, May 2, 2013
5 – 9 p.m.
School-wide open houses at both Eskenazi Hall (735 W. New York Street) and Eskenazi Fine Arts Center (1410 Indiana Avenue)
Tours, open studios, gallery exhibitions and print and ceramics sales will be part of the evening's festivities along with refreshments and live entertainment by the Rob Dixon Duo at the Eskenazi Fine Arts Center and the Sophie Faught Trio at Eskenazi Hall.
Ribbon cutting at the Eskenazi Fine Arts Center
Complimentary parking available on the surface lots at both facilities. Shuttle service between buildings available throughout the evening.
Special Thanks to Sponsors: